Basics of baccarat for Bitcoin casino players
Whether you’re a seasoned player or new to the world of online casinos, baccarat is one of the most intriguing and attractive games you can come across. Its unique and easy-to-follow gameplay is what reels in most players since you can win huge prizes. Here’s everything you need to know to start playing at baccarat casinos online.
Rules and gameplay
Baccarat is one of the best entry-level games if you’re new to online casinos because of its beginner-friendly rules and gameplay. A game of baccarat is essentially a guessing game; you have to bet on which side between the player and banker you think will have a higher value. If you guess right, you win!
Here’s what you can expect from any online baccarat game:
- Take a seat at the virtual table and set up your bet amount. Make sure that it follows your allotted budget.
- Place a bet between the Player's hand and the Banker's side on which hand you think will have a higher value within the time limit. You can also bet on a tie.
- The dealer deals the player’s first card, the banker’s first card and then their second cards in that order. The cards are added to come up with their total value. If their total goes beyond 9, the left digit is dropped.
- The following then applies based on their cards:
- If either the player or banker gets a total of 8 or 9, they both stand.
- If the player’s hand is 5 or less, they get another card. Otherwise, they stand.
- If the player stands, the banker hits a total of 5 or less.
- The final total value of the hands are determined, and the higher of the two wins the round. If you win your bet, you will instantly be paid out your winnings.
Variations of baccarat in Bitcoin casinos
There are three main variations of baccarat that you might encounter in online casinos: Punto Banco, baccarat chemin de fer and baccarat banque. Here’s a quick rundown of each version of the game:
This is the most common baccarat version you’ll encounter. In Punto banco, the casino banks the game and plays out both hands according to fixed drawing rules. Instead of having each hand assigned to a player, the dealer handles both the player's and the banker's hands.
Chemin de fer
Chemin de fer features faster gameplay where the banker position is passed from player to player. During the round, the designated banker wagers their amount, and each player must decide whether they want to match the wager.
When the cards are drawn, the players must then collectively go up against the banker. If the banker wins, they receive the entire pot. If the players win, they receive back their bet and a matching amount from the banker.
Baccarat Banque follows similar gameplay to chemin de fer, except the role of the banker is designated and fixed for the entire game. The role is initially determined via an auction. The player with the largest offer is given the role as they have the most risk. This role will stay until they pull out or if they run out of money to stake.